Friday, August 1, 2008

The Curse of Three But Blessings Galore

Have you heard that bad luck comes in threes? This happened to us last year when our computer crashed (#1) While Hendrix spent 4 days in the hospital for a virus we still haven't identified (#2) our fridge went out (#3) Well, I guess we were up for some more trials to strengthen us, because last week our dishwasher broke (#1) we decided not to buy a new one just yet, it wasn't a true emergency and we have some vacations coming up, good thing we didn't because Monday our air conditioning went out (#2) and we spent over 1,000 bucks to fix it, why not just get a new one you ask? Did you know they're like 5,000 dollars? I had no idea. Anyways, two days of a 90 degree house and our awesome parents who let us stay the night with them, I'm back home, and decide to take the car in for a routine oil change before my road trip with my mom next week. Come to find out my little Daewoo needs a new timing belt, front brake pads and rotars, an isolated pulley and something else I don't know how to say, let alone spell. The bill was just over $800. (#3) Needless to say, we are no longer going to Cali next weekend and I am officially our new dishwasher. :)

It would be really easy to think my life sucks right now, but then some really great things happened this week that I can't deny I'm being watched over. (#1) We had an emergency fund to be able to pay for most of the damage, although we had to dip into our vacation fund, my family was really great about downgrading our Cali trip for a trip to Jerome or somewhere as equally inexpensive. (#2) Monday morning when I went to try and reset the A/C Hendrix followed me outside and he walked the oppostite way then me, I didn't see him leave, therefore I couldn't find him for almost 5 minutes, I was in full panic mode and even called 911. He had made his way to the other side of the complex and a sweet lady who I don't even know brought him back to me, She must have heard me screaming "Hendrix if you hear me, yell Mommy!" It was the scariest thing in the world, but I've learned to be more attentive and that he knows how to open the front door. (#3) I am in love with my little MilaBelle, I had a hard time adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom, but now know she truly completes this family. She started crawling, and just scoots around the house exploring new things...

(#4) I have a great husband and although he's been gone the majority of the month, has driven home early 3 nights now to go to a marriage class we're taking through the Stake, and then drives back at like 4 in the morning to make work on time. (#5) My mommies coming to town and I couldn't be more excited to see her. (#6) I have amazing friends who have helped in so many ways, thanks especially to Lanae who lent me a book thats changing my life. Leadership and Self-deception, this book couldn't have come into my life at a better time. I have many many more, but wanted to make sure I counted my blessing, because if you don't count them, they don't count. Much Love
Hendrix giving MilaBelle cheerios, his new favorite thing to do.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I am sorry those things happened...so not fun, but seriously you are a more optimistic person than I am and appreciate you posting what you are grateful for...it makes me think more!

candhterry said...

You're right...things sometimes come in threes (or multiples of three!) Our downstairs air went out last week also and it got really hot too! This was a pure surprise to us as our upstairs went out not too long ago...what a laugh! I'm glad you could stay with mom and dad...it's a little harder for us with 7 kids to pack up and go over there so we were just hot for a while...but I'm glad to hear that you're doing well! By the way...Happy Birthday to Mike!!!

the Painters said...

oh honey, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all these money spending and time consuming issues. I'm also so sorry you had such a scary experience with Hendrix. That has happened to me with Alec and after having the phone in my hand ready to call 911, I found him eating a popcicle in the garage sitting in his carseat. Stinkin' toddlers.

Lanae said...

no cali, but there will be fun trips in your future I predict! have so much fun with your mom...thanks for the pointers on friday.

Alan & Desiray said...

Wow I really enjoyed reading your blog. You are a light that shines and I am so glad that I have met you. I hope that we get a chance to go have lunch and see a movie. Life can definately throw us challenges but they do not come without solutions. Hang in there.
P.S. Thank you for having us over, I have been waiting with much anticipation to learn the results. I had fun. Talk to you later.
Desiray