I make the big decisions. In the Silence of the Night I fall in love with Mike again as I listen to him breathe. In the Silence of the Night I peek in on Hendrix being peaceful, quiet, calm, did I say quiet. In the Silence of the Night I indulge in my 4th love after my husband and kids, So You Think You Can Dance, which I'll post about later on. In the Silence of the Night I read eight chapters of a life changing book, Leadership and Self-deception, anyone struggling with being selfish, like me and the rest of the world needs to read this book. In the Silence of the Night I make my 101 goals in 1001 days. An idea I was given by a friend. I won't waste space writing all 101 of them, I already wrote them twice, once in my journal and then catogerized them by when I wanted to accomplish them in a three ring binder. Here's just a few...
To be completed in the next 3 months:
*Make killer invites for next enrichment
*Find a family name to take to Stake Temple Day in Oct.
*Finally make MilaBelle some hair bows (Completed)
*Get the kitchen light fixed (it's been broken for 4 yrs)
To be completed in the next 6 months:
*Potty train Hendrix
*Buy and use a planner, rather than have random lists all over the house
*Have missionaries over for dinner, invite a non-member friend (Completed)
To be completed within the year:
*Remodel both bathrooms
*Have 6 months of income saved up
*Take a Spanish class
To be completed withine 18 months:
*Hike the Grand Canyon
*Visit Mexico (never been there)
*Find a new creative way to make income doing what I love
By the end of 1001 days:
*Finish my Sign Language Interpreters Certification
*Invite a friend to church until one comes (I've invited several in the past, but nothing followed through)
*Buy a home with a yard!
I'm a big list maker, but not necessarily a goal setter, after setting these goals, my days fill more motivated. Instead of watching T.V. I refer to my goals, what can I work on today that will make me a better wife, mother, friend, daughter, leader, worker, a better me.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Leah... this is awesome... I am going to do the same thing too... One of my life goals is to speak Spanish... we should totally take a class together! I have looked at MCC at their evening classes but nothing has panned out...sometimes they have short excellerated classes through their adult evening classes... I've checked with some Spanish Groups but they are expensive... I've found out my company will pay for me to take classes at WIU but the counselor doesn't call me back so I'm still where I was when I started. Are you a beginner? Intermediate? I don't remember a lot and could us the review... We will talk on Friday...maybe we could brain storm ways to accomplish it... or maybe tonight...I am way excited about tonight... see you there.
Post a Comment