Saturday, December 6, 2008

A decade ago...


A handsome recently returned missionary met an equally cute, recent high school graduate and the rest was history. Mike used to keep a great record of events on his wall calendar. Each day before bed, which we realized was always after 3am sometimes 5am after we met, he would faithfully write down that days occurances.
On Dec. 7th 1998 Mike attended a Family Home Evening with MCC 2nd ward, and afterwards came to my apartment. Mike's notation: "Snowfight at church, met Lori and Leah". Mike and I had seen one another prior to this, but never formally met. He saw me at church, and remembers the dress I wore, but saw me with a dude, so wrote me off. I saw him at a FHE dating game, and although I was with another dude, I wrote him in my footnotes to get to know. What wonderous things were to occur just because of that night.


So, I'd like to pause to give gratitude to those individuals with whose actions lead to our coming together. Thanks to Bri for bringing Mike as your wingman. Thanks to Lori for bringing the guys over and asking me to be your wingwoman. Thanks to MCC 2nd ward, and FHE's. Thanks to Mike for keeping a history of our courtship and engagement. It was so fun to reminisce with you. Thanks for a decade of laughter, love and passion.

3 comments:

sweetieabbott said...

I love that picture of you two. It is so beautiful. Congrats on your wonderful decade together. I hope that the next is even more wonderful for you two.

Courtney said...

Cute post! Loved seeing you guys last night...it was a treat!

james n mary said...

you're so funny! i love it. i was in the 2nd ward for a bit too!!! i wonder if we did cross paths!