I've noticed a recent trend in blogging: that people are using their blogs as a personal history/journals for their family. Although I keep a journal, several actually for the kids and myself, this avenue of journaling allows me to share a part of myself with friends and family.
Tonight my friend, Lanae and I went to see the movie Emma Smith: Her story. It's only playing one more night, Wed. the 11th at Cinemark 16, if you read this in time, go see it. I loved it. It was inspiring, motivating and humbling. I was so amazed at all Emma endured, and still managed to stay true to the Lord. We all know she made choices after Joseph's death that we may not have, but I don't doubt for a moment that she ever denied Heavenly Father or his Son, Jesus Christ. She was truly an elect lady. I won't give the movie away, but there was a quote I have to record for fear I will lose it from my memory.
"Strength is not something you have, it's something you find. It's something God helps you find."
I needed a reminder that not everyone is born with all righteous qualities, that we have to work at finding them. I've served in Young Women's for 5 years and rarely felt far from the Lord. I was inspired by the girls who were so innocent and pure that I had spiritually experienced often at church, at mutual, girls camp for sure and even our YW's Pres. meetings. I'm now serving as Nursery leader and have been for the past 5 months and am finding myself very removed from my spirit at times. I know I've been given this calling to help me enjoy toddlers, I know there are a lot of things I can learn from this challenge. I've been so focused on; how I don't have enough help, or I can't go to Relief Society and it's not running as smoothly as I hoped it would. That I'm losing sight of why we serve in the first place. Maybe I don't need Nursery, but Nursery needs me. I need to find my strength to trust in the Lord and have confindence He knows where I need to be.
Watching the struggles of the men and women of the restoration really put things into persective. If this is my biggest dilemma I'm sitting pretty.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
That's my girl! I'm glad the movie was a good experience, and trust me everyone...she DID love it b/c I pretty much heard the whole thing, cried back to me, after coming home. If you are of the means, I suggest you go see it, we highly recommend it. -That reminds me, we need to add Kleenex's to the Costco list. -It was a great evening for one and all...Hi-ooooh!
I know exactly how you feel being in the nursery. I served for 2 yrs and often felt the same way but it was a wonderful experience and I now find myself missing their sweet spirits every week.
leah. You are SO insightful. I often feel like being in the jr primary James and I were 'glorified babysitters' but that was the wrong approach! Such an example you are!!!
-Mary
Post a Comment