Thursday, February 14, 2008

8 is Great and 3 makes us divine




Mike's and my 8th anniversary is in coming up on the 25th and I'm reflected on how the number's 8 and 3 play such a huge role in our lives. 8 has been my favorite number since I could write. Something about how you can draw it with one long curved figure 8 or two little cirlces one on top of the other like a snowman. When I met Mike he told me his favorite number was the number 3 for his own reasons. Now here comes a list of the cooky ways these two numbers keep reoccuring in our lives.

(1) Mike's birthday is in August the 8th month on the 3rd (one of his reasons for liking 3)
My birthday is in March the 3rd month of the year
(2) Kobe Bryant's number used to be 8, but it now 8 x 3 (24)
(3) Hendrix was born in August (8th) on the 18th
(4) Hendrix weighed 8lbs 3oz., born in room #3! (You have to admit that's one's pretty cool)
(5) Mike and I both have 16 letters in our full names, divide 16 by the 2 of us = 8
(6) We were engaged in August which is the 8th month of the year as stated before
(7) We met in 1998 when I was 8-teen.

Last but not least

(8) If you take the number 8 split it vertically you have the number 3

We complete one another

You might call it superstitious but to us the universe just likes to tell us they know we're out there and we're of course meant to be.

4 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

That's amazing! I love numbers and meanings. You really do have some great memories with the number 8 and 3. I love the number 17...but then again I was born on the 17th of June and Brooklyn was born on the 17th of January. I am glad to know that others think deeply about numbers and dates as much as I do too. I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog Leah. I do think these ideas are an interesting way to be reminded of how so many things can fit together in so many ways, and help us think about important dates, events, etc. -We've always been so perfect for each other.

Lanae said...

how sweet, looks like even after two babies you guys have still got it...way to go!

Courtney said...

You are so cute! I love Mike's comment...super sweet.