Tuesday, February 12, 2008

100 things about me

Wow, 100 things sounds overwhelming, so I was going to put it off until I had time, but it looked too fun after reading three other peoples.
1. I stay up really late when Mike's out of town (hence the midnight post)
2. I love that we went with the name Hendrix, it fits him perfectly.
3. I think I have gorgeous kids. (doesn't everybody)
4. I was in a rock band in High school
5. I was sure I was going to be a famous singer someday.
6. I've shaved my head twice.
7. I was a cheerleader for four years.
8. I'm a terrible speller.
9. Mike proof reads all my posts and does a lot of editing.
10. I wish I could hang out with Mike all the time. He rarely gets on my nerves.
11. Both my kids were sleeping through the night by 8 weeks.
12. I can sit and read other people's blogs for hours and have.
13. I'm a people watcher.
14. I love chick flicks.
15. Last year was the first year I've voted (city election)
16. I plan on voting this year.
17. I want to be more organized.
18. I'm obsessed with list making. My boss made fun of me one day, because my list of to-do's said 'make grocery list.' Even my lists have lists.
19. I like being pregnant. I have easy ones.
20. I'm not embarrassed to be naked in front of my doctor.
21. I usually remain friends with my ex's and even hang out with their wives.
22. I've moved 12 times since I was 7.
23. I love Maya Angelou and have read her autobiographies several times.
24. My favorite quote by her is "I can be changed by what happens to me. I am not reduced by it."
25. After 20 years I've learned how to forgive someone I never thought I could because of that quote.
26. My emotions are very close to the surface.
27. I'm really very shy and insecure, but try to move past that.
28. I hate all these new celebrity reality shows. (celeb rehab, celeb apprentice)
29. I wish I had learned to play an instrument. (there's still time right?)
30. I'm only on 30, and really struggling to come up with things that aren't too personal. (see #26)
31. I loved serving in Young Women's.
32. I miss the girls in YW's but not mutual.
33. I like American Idol, this year, the contestants are really good.
34. I've never been out of the country, but hope to travel someday.
35. I sing 'Beautiful Boy' by John Lennon to Hendrix almost everyday, he requests it now. He thinks it was written just for him. He says 'Hen-rix song.'
36. I used to be addicited to TV, but now with DVR, I record everthing, but never get around to watching them.
37. I cry almost everyday.
38. I miss my family.
39. I'm glad Mike's family lives close.
40. I like to hear about other mothers and how they parent.
41. I still feel like I'm getting this mom thing down.
42. I love being "mom"
43. I made almost all D's my junior year of high school. I can't believe I graduated.
44. I made straight A's in college.
45. Okay, one B my last semester. The day of graduation, my professor called me at home, I was so scared I wasn't going to graduate, she was just calling to suggest I retake the course the following year. (yeah right)
46. I look up to my older brother and still feel like I need to impress him. I want him to like me.
47. I love Everything Beatles, and always will.
48. I love budgeting and finances.
49. I hate when we don't follow the budget.
50. I love the scar on the corner of Mike's lip, it's sexy.
51. I would love to be on a game show someday.
52. I adore and own only wooden furniture.
53. I've visited Alaska in the summer, it's gorgeous.
54. I know two songs on the piano, one I taught myself, a Cranberries number and the other my dad taught me.
55. I hate bad tippers (If you know me, this is a sensitive subject, I could go on and on)
56. I loved my wedding.
57. I loved my honeymoom, my first time to Disneyland.
58. The first time I saw the ocean I was 19.
59. I'm a really good server and like when my guests recognize they're receiving great service. (and compensate me for it, of course, see #55)
60. I'm known as the Mimi's queen at work. (I used to be know as the Mimi's nazi, so I've moved up)
61. I still don't have all my Christmas decorations put away.
62. I have really good skin and rarely get acne.
63. I still haven't found a hair style I love on me yet, I'm still experimenting.
64. I don't consider myself a girly girl, but love the color pink and flowers.
65. My mom and I are best friends.
66. I'm excited to get to know my father in the after life.
67. I've yet to read the Bible all the way through.
68. I love the Book of Mormon.
69. Mike and I do sealings on our anniversary every year, a tradition I took from my parents.
70. I love camping, real camping; tents, sleeping bags, cooking over a fire, pee in the bushes camping.
71. I'm keeping four different journals right now. One for me, Hendrix, MilaBelle and a spiritual journal.
72. I hate wearing bras.
73. I love games, especially having other couples over for game night.
74. I can tell Mike what he's getting for his birthday early, because he's so forgetful, he won't remember, then I can see him get excited twice.
75. I have zero sense of smell. Great for changing diapers, bad for not knowing when you're the one with the poopy kid in public.
76. Birthdays are a really big deal for me.
77. I love girl's night out.
78. My favortie thing to wear to bed are my superman boy shorts.
79. Both of my kids names have musical influences. (Hendrix obvious, MilaBelle from the Beatles song "Michelle my Belle")
80. My favorite prophet from the scriptures is Abinadi.
81. I have figurines of Abinadi and King Noah.
82. I love reading back on old journals and seeing what I was doing a year ago.
83. I never knew I had so much love in me for my kids.
84. I always thought I would feel broken, until I went through the temple and learned the miracle of forgiveness.
85. I'm avid about thank you cards. I even write thank you from my kids now.
86. I like park days.
87. I'm always working on losing weight, one day I'll win the battle.
88. I hate working out but love how I feel afterwards. I need to remember that feeling more and I know I would work out more.
89. I love listening to Mike talk about Science, I learn a lot from him.
90. I love the Lakers, at first it was just through marriage association, but now I keep up on games and scores.
91. I think I couldn't have married a better man for me. He truly loves everything about me. It blows my mind. I'm pretty crazy.
92. Our itunes runs all day, even when the TV's on, we like to party.
93. Hendrix and MilaBelle fall asleep to Jack Johnson.
94. I'm not embarrassed to talk about sex to pretty much anyone but my mom.
95. I wash my feet every night before bed.
96. I love getting massages.
97. I love my contacts, I can't believe I've worn glasses since I was 8 and just got contacts a year ago.
98. I'm not a morning person at all, maybe I would be if I went to bed earlier.
99. I'm still in love with Mike after 10 years.
100. I try to better myself, my life and my situation everyday.

13 comments:

Burgess said...

What a great list! I love the quote from Maya Angelou and I had no idea where Milabelle came from-- LOVE IT! And I'm happy that the queen is returning to her throne (I work with you on Friday night!)

Lanae said...

you rule! #74, "we like to party" are the best. you are such a great friend. thanks for always calling just to chat and ignoring the screaming kids in the background.

The Taits said...

LOVE it! I wash my feet before bed, too! I keep reading people's list and thinking about things I forgot on mine...lol. I love having you as a friend. You and Mike are sweeeeeeeet.

Bushman's said...

Funny,
we share alot of the same things. You crack me up!!

Jami

marry said...

Love the list... I can't believe you could ever be considered a Nazi and yes you do have beutiful kids and you are a great mom. I too think it was lame when Josiah was regected... I was bummed Kyle the kid with the glasses didn't make it... he would have been fun to watch.

Castle Family said...

I am such a people watcher too! I should have included that in mine! You shaved your head!?! TWICE??? Hahaha!

Melly Mel said...

I didn't know you shaved your head twice! So fun! Great to learn all these fun things!

Stew and Traci said...

I want to know why you didnt say that you tried to dye your hair with kool-aid too. Or what about all the neat songs you make up, ...does anybody hear me? Or what about...wait maybe thats to much for everyone *wink* I enjoyed reading about all your little quirks, all of them, reasons I love you. Leah I am so glad that I am getting to watch you as an adult too, how many high school friends actually get to say that! And to be honest I think you picked the perfect guy for you too!

Anonymous said...

I would love to name all of our kids with a musical twist. I wonder if Burgess would go with Bono and The Edge?

The Edge could be for a girl or boy.

The Welker Family said...

That was so fun to read! I remember your first time to the ocean at 19 years. I love how much you love being a mom too.

Lopez-kids said...

I think your haircut now is so cute!! And, I think we totally need to plan a friends' trip to Disneyland so you and Mike can relive your honeymoon! :-)

Greg and Nicolle said...

You wash your feet before bed... that's so funny. I didn't know that about you. Greg and I try to go to the temple on our anniversary too. We must have taken that idea from you guys. I love that Mike forgets what his birthday present is and then gets excited all over again. Fun list!
-Nicolle

Courtney said...

I love your list! It made me happy after reading it.