Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween: Tricks and Treats

We had a great Halloween celebration that lasted over a week. It began with seeing "The Regrets" at a cool hole in the wall restaurant in Glendale, called La Perla. I only mention this new local (if you call Yuma local) band because one day they may be famous and I want to be one of the first fans who knew they were good. I'm a little bias seeing as my brother is the lead vocal. They all met in their ward. They're rockin' Mormons.

The next night we traveled the uneventful drive to Yuma to celebrate Halloween at my brother's house. Tamara and Jared go all out for Halloween, going on 8 years now. Great food, she homemakes, awesome prizes for dressing up, spooky decorations and fun games and friends.


Best Couple Winners: Bekah and Tyler as Juno and Bleeker


Most Creative Costumes Winners: Mike and Leah as iPod Ads



Runners Up for Best Couple: Natalie and Roland as Mario and The Princess.



The following weekend. Halloween Day Hendrix, MilaBelle and I dressed up to attend a really fun Halloween carnival in Chandler where the kids got to play games, and win candy all for the cheap entry fee of a bag of candy.

Cutest 3 year archeologist Winner: Hendrix as Indiana Jones

Sweetest Baby Witch Winner: MilaBelle as good witch with a wand instead of a broom and a tiny little hat.


I'll cast a spell on you, just say the word.


THE LOOT.


We made it about 45 minutes trick or treating, before Hendrix announced he was done. We were home only 20 minutes before he asked to go to bed, it was only 7:30pm. But who am I to agrue. Although the kids were snug in their beds, Mike and I continued to celebrate by watching scary movies on T.V. and then went to a Haunted House on Sat. night. It was totally scary. It was at a friend's parents house, so I thought it would be pretty mild, but it totally freaked me out. By the end, I was buried in Mike's back, my head tucked in his shoulder blades, my arms wrapped around his chest and still screaming. It was great.
We hope everyone else had an amazing Halloween.

8 comments:

The Welker Family said...

Thst sounds like an awesome Halloween! I love the ipod costumes! So creative!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Those a some stylin' costumes! I love being able to stop by and catch up on you and your cute family.

sweetieabbott said...

That is exactly why I NEVER go to haunted houses. I love Halloween, and scary movies...but I HATE haunted houses. Go figure! :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Very fun halloween and great costumes. I love MilaBelle's adorable hat. Did you make it? Great work on winning the most creative costume!

Sarah said...

Great costumes! I especially loved the ipod costumes.

james n mary said...

OMG i thought bekah was prego!

Lanae said...

so sad we missed the party. you guys looked great, your halloween spirit is inspiring...truely. what a fun mom. Mila looked so cute in the hat

Jessica said...

Hi! Your blog is so cute, & so is your family! It's been so long since we've seen you that I've never even met your kids (and vice versa, I'm sure)! All the costumes were SO cute! Remember when we saw each other on Halloween after watching The Ring? We still tell people about what we saw when we all started to leave...freaky! & remember when we all "spent the night" at Jared & Tamara's after the Halloween party watching "What Lies Beneath"? Good times! Glad you're doing well!