Friday, May 2, 2008

Brag on my Man

I told Mike Tuesday night I wish his work had spouse-sick leave, because I had been fighting a cold for a couple days now and needed a day of rest. I woke the next morning to a card taped to my door. A cute little turtle, a handprint from Hendrix and a note from Mike telling me sleep in and rest, because he would be taking care of the kids all day. Mike rarely gets sick, he's called out to work maybe twice in the last decade, so he chose to use a personal day to personally take care of me.

I slept until 10am, only to be woken by the phone, because he had taken the kids on a walk. The kitchen was clean and a variety of soups where laying on the counter, he also had 7-up and juice chilling in the fridge. After a little brunch, and a little nap. Mike returned with rented movies. We put the kids down for a nap and watching 'Juno', a totally cute movie. I took a 45 minute bath and read my magazine, until I had to get ready to go visit teaching.

I'm very thankful for a husband who cares for me and knows when I'm at my wits end and need a break.

10 comments:

Lopez-kids said...

That is so great!! I hope it worked, and you are feeling better! We won't be too far from you in a couple weeks when we move, so if you ever need me, I would be happy to have the kids come play for awhile!! :-) Feel better!!

Kimberly said...

K- so, that is awesome, but do you think he can tell his friends what he's done so they might get a hint!!! I can't even imagine that EVER! At least not from my man. My mom... a different story.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ok how sweet! Serious props to you Mike. Sorry you weren't feeling well, but I am happy that you were able to sleep in and rest and have a nice bath to yourself. At least I feel like when I take a shower I always have a child or 2 in their with me:) Great work to Mike and the kido's too:)

Summer said...

That's wonderful. Good for Mike. Even though it was only for a few years that I really knew either you or Mike very well, I'll definitely always regard you as two of the NICEST people I've ever known. So, it doesn't surprise me that he would do something like that. It's great that you've been blessed with such a great husband--you certainly deserve one. I hope you're feeling better.

Lanae said...

way to go mike!!! bri is in agreement!

Justin and Lori said...

What a sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do for you!!!

The Taits said...

Holy CRAP, Leah...that is freakin' awesome. MIKE...way to go, dude. That is so sweet.

Burgess said...

Yes, Husbands are the best (well, only when you have a good one!)

I forgot to reply on your last comment on my blog....I've been having a lot of time off lately. It's been good, but REALLy hard to go back after you've had so much time off! I'm actually taking tonight off, too, but I'll see you on Sunday!

Greg and Nicolle said...

Go Mike!