Tuesday, December 11, 2007
My little Nap Dodger
So, Hendrix has decided he doesn't want to take naps anymore, he'd rather play. The last two days I've still made him stay in his room for 'quite time' at least. So, today I didn't hear him for a while, I went to shut his door, so he'd nap better. I peeked in to see a lump under his blanket, thinking my little boy was so cute tucked under his blankie. Then I heard something in his closet. I said "Hendrix?", Yup, it was him playing in the closet, not sleeping at all. The lump on his bed was a stuffed animal. Little punk. I am not ready for him to give up naps. I still want naps. Are they supposed to give them up this soon? Does anyone have any advice on how to get him to take a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Hey Leah, I just wanted to let you know that Diane's Blog should actually be Diane Hancock. I just have my blog listed as one of the posters so that I can help her out..she's still new to all this. Don't feel bad though. When Tim and I first moved back to Winslow, he got called Tim Hancock all the time! HaHaHa See ya!
Stephanie
Naps...I threatened my girls with their lives!!! No just kidding, it might be a stage, Ashy stopped for a while and then started up again and then stopped...wait I guess I am not the best one for advice. Let me know when you find something out! ;)
I wish I had some great advice, but Mariyah stopped taking naps at 2 and now she's 4 and I feel like she still needs a nap. I would try to get him to have quiet time in his room where he can have his own time...that's what a few of my friends do. On occasion Ry will lay in her bed and watch a movie, but that's extremely rare without asking for 5,000 things and then you don't get much done as a mom. Good Luck and he could be skipping a nap or 2 with the change of having a baby around and then he may get back in his nap routine.
No way! The day has come!!! I dread that day! I can totally help out with your blog. I would love to help out. With the pictures you can drag them down after you upload them. You can cut and paste the writing. Let me know if that makes sense. Miss you guys.
I think he has been watching too much Farris Bueller with the stuffed animal in his bed....next thing you know it will be snoring to his keyboard. That's a funny story Leah!
Hey Leah! It was great to hear from you. Your little family is adorable and I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well. We'll have to keep in touch now and good luck with that whole nap dilemma! I am the nap nazi at our house because it is what keeps me sane! I understand your need for the quiet time.....don't back down :).
According to my pediatrician's handout on sleep, they should be napping until they are 5. Maybe in a dream world! :-) Julia fights it too. I put her in bed and let her have one book. I tell her I will take it away if she gets out of bed, and that usually works. She usually falls asleep on it, but at least she sleeps. :-) I put her down earlier too knowing that she will probably read her book nine or ten times before she actually falls asleep.
I laid down with Ben today and the best Christmas miracle happened, all three of the boys slept at the same time for 2 hours! Good luck, Jeffey is already fighting me on this one. Hopefully it is just a stage.
I laid down with Ben today and the best Christmas miracle happened, all three of the boys slept at the same time for 2 hours! Good luck, Jeffey is already fighting me on this one. Hopefully it is just a stage.
Post a Comment