Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Washington Trip

We’re home, we’ve been home for about a week now, but because I had family in town I’m finally getting to update the blog.

We had a great trip; the flight up there wasn’t filled, so Hendrix and I got an entire row to ourselves. Which was really nice, the trip back was not so comfortable, but I’m trying not to dwell on the negative, so I’ll share all the cool things we did.

First off Washington is gorgeous right now. We went to Port Angeles Pier and through Olympia and stayed at some really cute places along the way. Mike’s Beach was probably my favorite. We stayed in a little cabin along the shore and you could hear the water lapping up on the beach all night long. Hendrix could have spent his whole vacation there just throwing rocks into the water and watching the fish swim.






We also saw John Wayne Marina and stayed at this super cute Bed and Breakfast, called Goose creek Inn.

































Hendrix touched starfish for the first time and rode on a ferry boat.









We also got to spend some time on the mountain with my family. Here’s great-grandpa Poncho and Hendrix playing together and my mom, and Hendrix on the tire swing.



















The best part was just hanging out with my mom.















Hendrix was a great traveler; He kept himself entertained on the long car rides.









Beautiful scenario, great conversation and my second favorite person in the world (Hendrix).


































It’s good to be home and be with my most favorite person in the world

4 comments:

Brandt Family said...

I'm jealous! I wish I took a trip up there. I'm sure it is beautiful. Plus anything beats SE Texas. I miss you!

The Welker Family said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. I can't believe how big and tall Hendrix is! I guess he needs to be since he is going to be a big brother!!!

Burgess said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind my reading your blog. Your Washington pictures are so cute! It looks beautiful and looks like you had lots of fun. Your kid is so cute!

Melly Mel said...

Such beautiful pictures! You guys take the coolest trips! Hendrix knows how to travel already - so jealous!