Friday, February 27, 2009

9 years later...

Mike and I just celebrated our 9 year anniversary!
I started looking around the house at what else has lasted that long.
This fish vase, that Mike loved, I hated, but have learned to love it because he does. We had registered for it at Pier 1, but didn't receive it as a wedding gift so I bought it for him soon after we were married.
These were flowers from our reception too.

This lamp was a wedding gift from my brother's girlfriend, who is now his wife, Tamara my brother doesn't think he got us a gift. The mirror, which we promptly broke and have yet to fix in 9 years was a wedding gift from one of Mike's best friends from high school, Easy Weez.

These are the last remaining glasses from a set of 8 that my mom bought us, the knife block and some of the knives are orginials from the Ainsworths, and the spice rack was a gift from the single gals from MCC 2nd ward.
This was my birthday gift from Mike 5 days after we were married. It's the best thing that's lasted in the house after 9 long years.
US!!!

3 comments:

Lanae said...

Congrats, I love how creative your posts are! I love that the mommy job on Mila's job list was doing laundry, it feels like that is all I ever do. We're sure glad to have you guys as friends. Here's to another forty + years.

Stew and Traci said...

happy 9th leah. I still remember our reception and your announcement to us and how completely happy I was for you and how amazingly in love you were with mike. The perfect combo, your perfect match! Lov you guys!

james n mary said...

awwwwwww