As I give myself yet another pity party on why life is so hard, I say it in my head, or write it in my journal or cry it out loud to my husband, even a part of
me doesn't believe it. Yes, we all have trials, but it's how we react to these trials that decides what kind of a person we are. Do we wallow in self doubt and never try anything in fear of rejection? Do we wait around for someone else to decide our destiny? Or take the reigns of our own life? This is what my 101 goals in 1,001 days is all about. I want to rise above the nay-sayers and accomplish all those little things I've always wanted to do, but haven't yet because I was too busy or tired or lazy or scared. It's the little things that make up our life. No one is going to sit on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at work. They're going to remember the little things like;
Playing with costumes before Halloween, trying to find the perfect one. What do you thing?...
Biker Dude?
The Ring ?- Scary

or Little Joe Dirt?
Life's a garden, dig it.

Getting the 'Car Cart' at Safeway

A son that will eat a veggie assortment for dinner when I don't feel like cooking.

A baby girl who is learning to play by herself, slowly but surely she's gaining her independence.

Raspberries

When they stand for the first time on their own. Strengthening those legs for the freedom that comes with walking.

And Just being Us.
6 comments:
Cute, cute. I love the Joe Dirt costume.
I like that. It is the little things that count!
OMG you got the car cart!!! i rarely get to score one of those!!!
It is so easy to overlook all of the blessings that are right in front of you. I really like that. That's something that I need to work on too. Thanks for sharing. :)
Leah your kids are so adorable!! I need your address so I can send you an invite to a little baby shower my family is throwing for me. Email me at jlehmke@hotmail.com Thanks Lori
It's hard not to feel that way sometimes about your life. When you have to live it everyday, it's not so exciting anymore. But we do have amazing lives! And the cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment