Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm the Big Brother

Hendrix has fit into his role as big brother just brilliantly. He is her name advocate, whenever we call her 'gorgeous' or 'beautiful' he is right there to remind us her name is not 'gorgeous', but infact MilaBelle.

He never lets me forget her. He's the first say, "Where's MilaBelle?" or "Bring MilaBelle!"

Although he has no interest in holding her, he must play near her, which has resulted in a few car crashes to the head. She must see the book we're reading or game we're playing.



He has to be the one to wake her from her naps. He loves to run into her room and yell "Wake up MilaBelle" as if she could sleep after that? He also will tell anyone and everyone to "Shh" while she's sleeping. Although he doesn't seem to take his own advice on that one. That kid is LOUD, ask our downstairs neighbor.
The BEST was this morning though, as I attempted to feed MilaBelle her rice cereal, which usually just mills around in her mouth for a few seconds before her little pink tongue pushes the mush all over her new princess bib. I hear Hendrix behind me saying
"Mmmm, MilaBelle, yummy." and "Don't spill." "Don't drop it."

THANKS FOR BEING SUCH AN AWESOME BIG BROTHER, HENDRIX. YOU ROCK!!!









8 comments:

Kimberly said...

You have the cutest kids. I love the name MilaBelle. It's so fun to hear how Hendrix acts with her. We need to get together again soon!

Lopez-kids said...

First, I cannot believe how big and beautiful she is! I love that Hendrix is so involved with her! That is the sign of a good mama, because he is totally following your example! :-) Julia is pretty attached to her sister too these days. She now refers to her as "her baby". First thing she says in the morning, "Where's my baby?" So fun!!

Lanae said...

you have such beautiful children. jeffey had so much fun with hendrix yesterday, so neat to have our boys play!

The Welker Family said...

He is so sweet! We have a lot of the same fun going on around our house right now. What a darling little baby MilaBelle is!

Summer said...

Hey Leah! I'm so stoked right now--I stumbled across your blog! David and I think about you guys often, and when we do we're always like "man, Mike and Leah were the coolest friends ever--if only we knew how to get in touch with them..." Wow! I guess I don't surf the blogging community often enough! It looks like you guys are doing great! Congrats on your sweet little ones. I LOVE their names.

Well, I just happened to find you while I was eating lunch; if Friday wasn't my cleaning day, I'd probably spend all afternoon checking out your guys' news. I'll definitely be back though, the first chance I get! In the mean time, I just wanted to say hi. And I can't wait to tell David I found you guys! Hello to Mike!

Sorry about all the exclamation points!

Justin and Lori said...

Leah, I cant believe that you have two adorable kids. Your daughter is beautiful and what a great name. We have come along way since we were all jammed in that little condo.

Sarah A. Painter: Makeup Artist said...

MilaBelle is soooooooo cute. Just a yummy little one. I love how Hendrix is such a great big brother too. So protective. It's adorable.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How Sweet! I love the pictures of your children together. The picture of Hendrix reading her the book is so precious and how sweet that MilaBelle has an older brother to take care of her:)