Monday, December 6, 2010

Tofurkey for Me and Tofurkey for You!!!

This was Mike's 2nd Thanksgiving as a vegetarian. Last year we tried Whole Foods Cranberry and Wild Rice Roast (not worth the price) So this year we stuck with the classic Tofurkey Roast stuffed with rice and breading. A vegan gravy, homemade spicy cranberry sauce and homemade mashed potatoes. We coated the tofurkey with paprika (which Mike says smells like Thanksgiving) Salt, pepper and thyme. It was much better basted with spices than plain.

I think next year we'll roast it along side some carrots, celery and potatoes to add even more flavor. The kids loved it and we had leftovers for days.

I've worked Thanksgiving for the past 10 years so we usually celebrate before or after the actually day. Although I miss seeing my family, I enjoy making tons of money, hanging with my Mimi's friends, happy guests, and Mimi's pumpkin pie. It's Thanksgiving to me.

No comments: