But...tonight in the quiet of my home when MilaBelle wakes unexpected, and just wants a hug, I carry her into the living room, to cuddle on the couch, for I too need a hug. I listen to her breathing, her head rests in the nape of my neck and I Get IT. Why it's all so important, why families are worth fighting for, why taking walks to the park brighten their day, why reading the same story and singing the same song night after night make them feel whole, loved, comforted, needed and in turn does the same for me
Act as though everything depends upon it because it does.







7 comments:
This post was amazing and truly inspired...gave me chills!
Thank you. What a beautiful post.
It is what life is all about, isn't it? I also get that it isn't easy. It isn't always happy, and there's a whole lot of worry along the way. But somehow, that cute little smile, or a hug in the middle of the night makes the craziness worth it.
I know at some point I will regret saying this (perhaps when the kiddos are teenagers...) but when life seems to take control of me, when things happen that I cannot change, it's my kids that keep grounded. Knowing that they are part of something bigger...that they are a gift...it gives me something to hold on to (which is always something I desperately need).
Thanks for reminding me. You're a good mom.
I love this post. Thank you! MilaBelle is a doll!
I feel the same way as the above comments. It was needed over here too.
Yes, you do get it Leah! Now if only everyone else would!!
Perfectly said, Leah! Peggy
I live from these moments to the next one. Thanks for the reminder. Thanks for coming to see me and for being such a great friend...ALWAYS! Can't wait for Pita Jungle round two.
Post a Comment