Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vacation's Over

After two weeks of staying up late and sleeping in, we are back from our vacation in WA state and starting to get back into the groove. In an effort to save time, money and trees...

(Our Little Tree Hugger)

Mike and I opted to post our New Year wishes/year in review/vacay pictures on our blog. So, gear up for a long post, or do what I do and scan the pictures.


We rang in the year 2008 with good friends and "Pants off Dance off".











In January Leah and MilaBelle got to visit Texas and see our friends Rachelle, Dave and Drayton

On returning home I was released from Young Women's having served 5 yrs there and asked to serve as the Nursery coordinator. As much as I loved YW's I knew I was put in nursery to learn how to surrender to my own 2 year old. I have tried too often to control too much. Although I was quite controling when it came to nursery schedule and clean up, I allowed myself to enjoy the kids. I had amazing helpers, Elida and Pam. Thanks ladies, I couldn't have done it without you.













(RDMP Nursery kiddos)
After a long maternity leave I returned to work on the weekends at Mimi's Cafe. I get to stay home the rest of the week and it has been an adjustment for me. I started a playgroup through my ward, took regular trips to the children's museum and library, participated in babysitting trades and tried to make my days eventful. I'm truly finding joy in Motherhood. I am grateful I am able to stay home and am proud I made this decision.

Mike continued serving as Ward Clerk (going on 3 yrs now). He loves working close with the Bishop and getting to know ward members. He's become very organized through this calling and our family has been blessed because of it. He is still working for Environmental Technology and is ever encouraging as our family does our part to protect and preserve our planet.



Hendrix is asorbing everything. He knows his letters, upper and lower, #'s 1-12. In addition to knowing his outer body part names, he was inspired by meeting Bonezy at Uncle Jared's to learn his skeleton system as well. He can show you where his skull, spine, ribs, collarbone, tailbone, shoulder blades and phlanges are. He adores his baby sister and will tell everyone how great she is. He's come up with phrases like "Just kidding" "What the heck?" "That's cool" "That's lame" and "I said..."
The biggest event to occur for Hendrix this year, is... drum roll please "He Is Potty Trained" It was amazing. It only took a week and then another week before he was going completely on his own. Thank you to both my mothers, Lanae and the book PottyWise for all the help. I was terrified to potty train, and found out it's not that bad.
MilaBelle was blessed in Feb. Got teeth soon after, figured out smiling, sitting up, eating, crawling, cooeing and finally walking. She's brilliant. She's always happy, spoiled rotten and as sweet as can be.

Our family had a fun year: We learned a lot about one another, took some great family photos: (looking for an amazing photographer, http://nikaelacurtis.typepad.com/)
Click to play Family Photos 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
Cheered on the Lakers, enjoyed many a camping trip and lots of summer heat. Made new friends:cherished old friends:And ended the year with a winter wonderland trip up north.
Click to play WA 2008 Winter


We hope you all had a great 2008 and are looking forward to a new year filled with exciting adventures, great opportunties and joy.

Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great year! It's fun to see what your family has been up to this year.

james n mary said...

W-O-W what a long post! i loved it. seeing h-man hug that tree totally reminded me of my tokidoki bag! i have to show it to you! it's got all this 'save the environment' stuff on it! totally looove it! and what an exciting year you've had, huh. you're so much fun. i love it!